All Action Alarm is looking for a qualified Service and Installation Technician to provide on-site maintenance and installation for residential and commercial intrusion and fire alarm systems, and video surveillance systems.
* Service and inspect intrusion alarm, fire alarm, access control, digital video surveillance and related systems.
* Installation of intrusion alarm, fire alarm, digital video surveillance and related systems.
* Ability to use mobile apps in the field and work with a remote team to get systems up and running.
* Ability to walk clients thru step-by-step, hands-on use of security technologies.
* Perform routing and emergency service calls as set forth by the branch manager.
* Troubleshoot and identify malfunctioning or inoperative equipment on intrusion systems by using testing equipment.
* Provide documentation of service and hours worked, document and complete reports of inventory and vehicle usage.
* Perform preventative and routine maintenance, as needed on existing intrusion systems.
* Determine backup components to be maintained in stock.
* Train new users in operation of security system equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of 110-volt electricity.
* Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
* Must understand basic electrical theory and troubleshooting skills.
* Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
* Excellent communication and listening skills.
* Excellent team building, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
* Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
* Ability to work effectively with others.
* Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
* Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to drive a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours.
* Ability to drive at night.
* Ability to bend and work in tight spaces.
* Ability to crawling under structures or in attics.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
* Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
* Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.
* High school diploma or GED; plus two years of experience or training.
* Experience within electronic security or related field.
* Strong mechanical, electrical and electronic aptitude.
* Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and current insurance.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Competitive Salary and Benefits available