A perfect home is not only a place where one feels the warmest; it should also be essentially a place where one feels the safest. While most of us take the personal protective measures like, keeping the outside light on when not in the house for neighbors to notice intruders, locking all doors and other outlets, keeping a watch dog etc, but what we all must realize that being humans there are always chances of a slip, and that is why a home alarm system is so very important.
A home alarm system comes in various forms and in various combinations. While a home alarm system comes with the primary objective of a burglar alarm , there are added mechanisms for smoke alarm, flood alarm , freeze alarm , to name a few, as per the requirement of the resident. But, before we venture into the possible types of burglar alarm, let us first have a look into the advantages behind its installation.
1. A feeling of complete safety.
2. The possibility of an entirely stress free vacation, with the understanding that we will find our home safe on our return.
3. Getting a peaceful sleep.
4. Going to work without having to worry about the safety of our children.
ABOVE ALL, a feeling of peace and serentity – 24×7!
There is definitely another monetary advantage of installing an alarm system at home! Many homeowners insurance companies provide a discount of as high as 20%, when the house is under an approved home alarm system! So , a home alarm system is not only about safety it is also about savings!
Burglar alarms are primarily electronic devices that are fitted to sensors. While the basic forms of home alarms stop at notifying the owner of an intrusion through a noise (as in a siren); the more sophisticated ones come with a lot of add-ons. First of all they are very condition specific that is there are different forms of alarm systems for different emergencies. A smoke and fire alert will differ from a burglar alert! More importantly, they have
More importantly, they have sensor to identify the zone, type and the time of an emergency. In certain sophisticated alarm systems, there is an automatic phone alert system, whereby the Local Police Department, or the Fire Department, as the need be, will be alerted. A phone call alert can also be set to notify the owner.
A burglar alarm comes with the following upgrades:
1. A fire and smoke sensor.
2. A carbon monoxide sensor.
3. A child safety device, informing the owner when there child returns home or when they leave by text message to their cell phone.
4. A freeze and water sensor.
It is always advisable while buying a new house to check on the Alarm system devices installed by the previous owner and whether it had been monitored.
As an owner of a home alarm system, one needs to have the following things in mind:
1. A regular check on the control panel: a service provided by the company itself.
2. A check on the back up battery system.
3. A regular siren check.
4. Most importantly there has to be a check on the effectiveness of the home alarm system.
A well monitored home alarm system thereby becomes the most desired device for a peaceful and happy life! Serenity Now – brought to you by your friends at All Action Alarm. Contact us today for a free home security quote.