Latest posts by Brent Mele (see all)
- Make Your Man Cave Smarter With Intelligent Home Automation - July 3, 2019
- Home Security That Helps Protect Your Home When You’re On The Road - July 1, 2019
- How Home Security Helps in Electrical Safety - June 17, 2019
Until very recently, traditional doorbells were all that was available so we had no reason compelling us to wonder if there could be a better way. With the advent of smart video doorbells, that all changed. Home automation technologies, from smart locks to smart thermostats, have revolutionized the way we do nearly everything and have now even empowered the doorbell.
There are Some Serious Disadvantages with Traditional Doorbells
Most people have not thought about the traditional doorbell in the context of either adding or detracting from our safety or convenience because there were just not any alternatives. Now, it is clear that the traditional doorbell has some disadvantages, and some of them put you at risk.
- You have no way of knowing who is at the door, or why, unless you go to the door and open it.
- There is no way to identify the person prior to getting close to the door.
- Opening the door to strangers makes you, your family, and home vulnerable.
- Not answering the door can tip off thieves you are not home.
Smart Doorbells are Different
Smart doorbells are like traditional ones in that they alert you to a visitor. That is where the similarities end, though. This is because the smart doorbell has additional features that make it even more useful. These features include a 1080p HD video camera, motion sensors, night vision, and two-way audio. It can be connected to the home automation system and even accessed from your smartphone or another smart device from the smart app.
They Are Also Better
Since the front door is one of the most vulnerable points of access, it should be a focus of our security efforts in every way possible. The smart doorbell is the best way to enhance security and convenience at this important access point. Here are just a few of the many examples of its usefulness.
- Motion sensors can alert you to outside activity even before the person is at the door.
- You can address an unknown person without having to open the door to them.
- Clear HD video images make sure you can easily identify any visitor without having to get close to the door.
- Infrared equipped doorbell cameras let you clearly see any activity near the door even in the dark or low light.
- You can uses the motion sensors to send alerts so you can check on package deliveries.
- If there is motion detected when there shouldn’t be, you can record or take snapshots of the activity.
- By accessing the doorbell camera and two-way audio you can answer the door and address the need without opening it.
- You can answer the door remotely so you do not tip off thieves you are not home.
- You can screen disruptions.
About All Action Alarm
All Action Alarm specializes in the tools that make your life safer and more convenient. Contact us today for a free consultation for your home or business.